We have taken great steps to become a leader among catering companies in New England by maintaining several sustainability initiatives. As more information has become available about the importance of maintaining our environment and preserving our natural resources, we have chosen to make sustainability a key corporate value. Over the past year, we have been inspired to take steps to limit our energy consumption, increase our recycling initiatives, and source food products from local farms. In 2017, we were recognized as a 3 Star Green Certified Caterer by the Green Restaurant Association.
• Installed a state of the art energy efficient ware washing machine to reduce water consumption by nearly 50%
• Installed flow regulating aerators on prep and hand washing sinks
• Invested in over 80 solar panels for our commissary to reduce energy consumption. Currently producing enough energy to charge 1,800 electric cars and avoid 26 tons of carbon emissions
• Upgraded kitchen equipment to Energy Star rated equipment
• Single stream recycling program
• Source local and seasonal produce, meats, and herbs
• Decreased environmental carbon emissions by using fuel efficient diesel powered catering vans
• Offering biodegradable paper products for events
• Hosting annual farm to table dinners at local farms to showcase farm products and generate income for local organizations and farms
• Cultivate our own honey on-site at our commissary
• Installed all LED lighting both inside and outside at facility
• Brewing organic and fair trade coffee from Sun Coffee RoastersSee Our Recent Farm to Table Events
Local Farm Sourcing
Lilac Hedge Farm • Indian Head Farm • Murray’s Chicken Farm • Robinson’s Farm • Grey Barn Farm • Ward’s Barry Farm • And many more! In Massachusetts alone there are over 7,000 farms.
Rainbow Child • Worcester County Food Hub • Massachusetts Bee Keepers Society • Regional Environmental Council
Let’s start planning your green catering event!