Plan a Stellar Graduation Party
Graduation parties are a great way to celebrate your recent graduate’s achievements with friends and family. Here are some tips to help you throw a memorable backyard event. Planning a graduation party during the covid-19 pandemic? Check out our blog post on planning a memorable graduation celebration during Covid-19 for our top tips.
- Choose the date. You should select a date a month out to get your invitations to guests before they make their summer plans. Don't stress if there are other graduation parties on the same day, as most of your graduates' friends will hop between parties.
- Guest count. Determine your guest count based on budget and how many you can comfortably accommodate. Do you want a smaller get together with close family or a larger celebration including both family and friends?
- Consider renting a tent. If the party will be held outdoors, consider renting a tent. The weather won’t always cooperate, and large party tents are perfect for keeping your guests dry and avoids the tough decision of rescheduling. Rain or shine, a tent provides great shade to cool off and relax with friends. Not to mention, it also keeps your food out of direct sunlight.
- Catering. Booking a caterer to handle the food lets you enjoy the party and make memories. Don’t spend your time cooking and replenishing the food, or standing behind a hot grill for hours. When it comes down to style of service, buffets are a great option for a backyard graduation. Guests can eat when they would like and you can accommodate guests that come and go. At Peppers, some of our most popular graduation menus include hamburgers and hot dogs, Texas BBQ (pulled meats, briskets, and all the sides), Mexican Fare (quesadillas, fajitas, and tacos) and flatbread pizzas - to name a few!
- Stock up on supplies. Be sure you’re fully stocked up on supplies like utensils, cups, and plates. An open-house party creates the kind of atmosphere where guests might put down a plate or cup they were using and forget to pick it up when they want a refill. A caterer can supply all of this and keep it replenished throughout the event.
- Desserts. A sweet morsel is a must at any party.
How about a graduation cake designed after the school’s logo or sports team? Or cupcakes topped with graduation hats? Desserts are a great opportunity to get creativeand have some fun!
- Decorations. Make the party personal by incorporating school colors in the table linens, balloons, and paper products. Show off memories with a photo wall along with any trophies or awards the graduate has earned. At Peppers, our graduation buffets are adorned with graduation hats with custom tassels to match the school colors- to add a personal touch!
Most importantly remember to have fun planning!
Interested in catering? The thought of planning a graduation party has you overwhelmed? Contact our team of Event Designers today. We are here to create a memorable stress-free event you and your graduate will remember for a lifetime!